Win a trip worth R 30 000 to any wine destination in the world.
The Anchor Oenology Trophy goes to the winemaker or distiller with the best product at the Vitis Vinifera Awards.
Anchor Oenology is proud to sponsor the following prize:
- They will contribute up to R20 000 to a flight ticket to any wine destination of the winemaker’s choice.
- They will contribute an R10 000 travel allowance subject to the following:
- The travel allowance will be a cash passport travel wallet.
- The winning winemaker must allocate two days to winery visits with the Anchor Distributor in the country they have chosen to visit.
The Vitis Vinifera Awards recognise high-quality wines and grape-derived spirits. The aim is to identify and award the very best.
The 2022 event went on without a hitch, and we are very happy with the result. For more insight please visit this page.
The Vitis Vinifera Awards was established to recognise high-quality wines and grape-derived spirits. The aim is to identify and award the very best.
This event has constantly evolved to find better ways to evaluate wine and spirits and to utilise the best judges.
HOW WE FIND THE BEST
Many fine wines and spirits are produced across a range of taste spectra. The Vitis Vinifera Awards aim to commend products of quality.
Wines and spirits are tasted blind by a group of top qualified tasters that include Masters of Wine, Cape Wine Masters, Sommeliers, and industry experts.
Meticulous judging by professionals ensures the best of the best gets awarded. Panellists do not discuss the products and are left to judge wines and spirits on merit.
Red wine flights alternate with white wine flights, to prevent palate fatigue. Ten products of a particular class will be tasted per flight to prevent flavour saturation and tannin build-up.
Panels will be comprised of Masters of Wine, Cape Wine Masters, Sommeliers, and industry experts.
We are sensitive to gender and age equity in our judging roster, and that is why we try to staff each panel with a diverse group of judges..
SPECIALISED SPIRIT PANEL
Spirit is a very specialised field, and factors such as alcohol content and tasting order are very important. We find experts with a proven track record to judge this specialised category.
The Award Stickers
Winning products will be awarded Silver, Gold and Double Gold awards, and the Top 5 producers will be able to add the Top 5 Producer sticker to their entries.
Some of our partners making this event a success
|0||Low or No Alcohol||Any sugar level|
|1||Perlé or Slightly Sparkling Wine||Any sugar level|
|2||Sparkling Wine (Non Cap Classique)||RS<=15 g/L|
|3||Sparkling Wine (Non Cap Classique)||RS>15 g/L|
|6||Chenin blanc||RS<=10 g/L|
|7||Chenin blanc||RS>10 g/L|
|13||Weisser Riesling (Rhine Riesling)|
|14||Sauvignon blanc||RS<=10 g/L|
|15||Sauvignon blanc||RS>10 g/L|
|17||Other Single White Varietal||RS<=10 g/L|
|18||Other Single White Varietal||RS>10 g/L|
|19||White Blend||RS<=10 g/L|
|20||White Blend||RS>10 g/L|
|21||Blanc de noir / Rosé||RS<=10 g/L|
|22||Blanc de noir / Rosé||RS>10 g/L|
|24||Cabernet Franc||RS<=10 g/L|
|25||Cabernet Sauvignon||RS<=10 g/L|
|29||Petit Verdot||RS<=10 g/L|
|30||Pinot noir||RS<=10 g/L|
|33||Other Single Red Varietal||RS<=10 g/L|
|34||Bordeaux-Style Red||May only contain the five Bordeaux varietals;
|35||Cape Blend||At least 30% Pinotage but no more than 70%;
|36||Other Red Blend||RS<=10 g/L|
|37||Sweet Red||RS>10 g/L|
|38||Natural Sweet Wine||Any sugar level|
|39||Special Late Harvest||RS>50 g/L|
|40||Noble Late Harvest||Any sugar level|
|41||Straw Wine||Any sugar level|
|42||Cape Ruby Port|
|43||Cape Tawny Port|
|44||Cape Vintage Port|
|45||Cape Late-Bottled Vintage Port|
|54||Brandy Non-Vintage/Age Not Defined|
|55||Brandy 3–8 years|
|56||Brandy 9–12 years|
|57||Brandy 13–20 years|
|58||Flavoured Brandy made from grape spirit|
|59||Vodka/Witblits – unflavoured|
|61||Grappa (Marc) Unflavoured|
|62||Vodka/Witblits made from grapes|
|63||Grappa (Marc) Wood aged|
|64||Grappa infused with other flavours|
|65||London Dry Gin|
|66||Plymouth Style Gin|
|67||New Style Gin|
|69||White Vermouth||White wine blended with spices|
|70||Red Vermouth||Red wine blended with spices|
|71||Flavoured White Wine Still|
|72||Flavoured Red Wine Still|
|73||Sparkling Flavoured White Wine|
|74||Sparkling Flavoured Red Wine|
THE 2022 AWARDS WINNERS
|TOP 5 PRODUCERS|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate,
Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar
Koelenhof Wine Cellar
Sands Traders Wineways
|DOUBLE GOLD AWARD WINNERS|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Chardonnay||2017|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Sauvignon blanc||2021|
|Imbuko Wines||Van Zijl Family Vintners Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Kindred Spirits||Sugarbird XO Brandy||NA|
|Landskroon Wines||Landskroon Paul Hugo Red||2021|
|Ridgeback Wines||Ridgeback Lion Hound Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Roodezandt RF||McGregor Red Muscadel||2021|
|Thor Vintners & Co||Badlands Sauvignon Blanc / Nouvelle / Colombard||2022|
|Wilderer Distillery||Wilderer Grappa Shiraz||NA|
|Wilderer Distillery||Wilderer Rogue Vodka||NA|
|Wineways||Black Tie Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot||2021|
|Wineways||Leipoldt Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot||2021|
|GOLD AWARD WINNERS|
|Almenkerk Wine Estate||Almenkerk Chardonnay||2019|
|Almenkerk Wine Estate||Almenkerk Sauvignon Blanc||2021|
|Almenkerk Wine Estate||Lace Vineyard Selection||2019|
|Alvi’s Drift Wines International||Signature Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Alvi’s Drift Wines International||Signature Cabernet Sauvignon||2021|
|Badsberg Wine Cellar||Badsberg Perle Moscato Pink||2022|
|Badsberg Wine Cellar||Badsberg Pinotage||2021|
|Badsberg Wine Cellar||Badsberg Belladonna||2020|
|Benguela Cove||Lighthouse Collection Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Benguela Cove||Lighthouse Collection Syrah||2020|
|Black Horse Distillery||Kolibrie & Passieblom||NA|
|Blackwood Spirits||Blackwood Spirits Pinot Noir Husk Spirit||NA|
|Blackwood Spirits||Blackwood Spirits Pinot noir / Chardonnay Husk Spirit||NA|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Blanc de Blancs MCC||NV|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Terras Sauvignon blanc||2017|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Cabernet Sauvignon||2017|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Merlot||2019|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Pinotage||2018|
|Bloemendal Wine Estate||Bloemendal Estate Noble Late Harvest||2020|
|Boplaas Family Vineyards||Boplaas Merlot||2021|
|Boplaas Family Vineyards||Boplaas Woolworths Tinta Barocca||2021|
|Boplaas Family Vineyards||Boplaas Touriga Nacional||2021|
|Boplaas Family Vineyards||Boplaas Cape Vintage Port||2019|
|Boplaas Family Vineyards||Boplaas Cape Vintage – The Chocolate – Port||2019|
|Boshoff Family Wines||Katholischer – The Red Catholic||2021|
|Brandvlei Cellar||BC Wines Brut Vonkelwyn Sauvignon Blanc||NV|
|Brandvlei Cellar||BC Wines Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Brandvlei Cellar||BC Wines Chardonnay||2022|
|Brandvlei Cellar||BC Wines Shiraz||2020|
|Cape Fynbos Wines & Spirits||Cape Fynbos Gin||NA|
|CLOS MALVERNE||Silver Leaf Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Craft Link Distillery||Ginologist Citrus||NA|
|Craft Link Distillery||Ginologist Orient||NA|
|Darling Cellars||Darling Cellars Methodé Cap Classique Blanc de Blanc Brut||2019|
|Darling Cellars||Darling Cellars Reserve Bushvine Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Darling Cellars||Darling Cellars Reserve Pyjama Bush Sauvignon blanc / Grenaché||2022|
|Darling Cellars||Darling Cellars Reserve Old Blocks Pinotage||2020|
|Darling Cellars||Darling Cellars Reserve Black Granite Shiraz||2021|
|Die Krans||De Krans Free Run Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Die Krans||De Krans Pinotage Rosé||2022|
|Diemersfontein Wines||Diemersfontein Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Diemersfontein Wines||Diemersfontein Rosé||2022|
|Diemersfontein Wines||Diemersfontein The Prodigy Pinotage||2021|
|Diemersfontein Wines||Diemersfontein Shiraz||2020|
|Dieu Donné||Dieu Donné Blanc de Noir||2022|
|Druk My Niet Wine Estate||Invictus||2014|
|Eagle’s Cliff Winery||Eagle’s Cliff Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Eagle’s Cliff Winery||Eagle’s Cliff Pinotage||2020|
|Gravel Junction||Three Peaks Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Gravel Junction||Three Peaks unwooded Chardonnay||2021|
|Gravel Junction||Three Peaks Rosé||2022|
|Gravel Junction||Three Peaks Pinotage||2021|
|Gravel Junction||Three Peaks Cantata||NV|
|Groenland||Le Roux – Simon||2018|
|Groenland Wyne||Landskap Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Groenland Wyne||Groenland Shiraz Klassiek||2019|
|Groote Post vineyards||Seasalter||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Van Zijl Family Vintners Elizabeth Francoisnette||2020|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Shortwood Winemakers Blend Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Imbuko Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Van Zijl Family Vintners Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Du Plevaux Madeleine Menanteau Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Du Plevaux Elizabeth Albertha Chenin blanc / Viognier||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Van Zijl Family Vintners PINK Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Shortwood Winemakers Blend Rosé||2022|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Imbuko Cabernet Sauvignon||2021|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Imbuko Merlot||2020|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Van ZIjl Family Vintners Pinotage||2020|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Du Plevaux Jean Prieur Pinotage||2021|
|Imbuko Wines (Pty) Ltd||Du Plevaux Daniel Johannes Shiraz||2021|
|Jakkalsvlei||Jakkalvlei Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Jakkalsvlei||Jakkalsvlei River Cuvée||2022|
|Jakkalsvlei||Jakkalsvlei Pinotage Rosé||2022|
|Jakkalsvlei||Jakkalvlei Red Muscadel||2022|
|Jan Harmasgat||JHG Pinotage||2020|
|Jan Harmasgat||JHG Shiraz||2020|
|Jason’s Hill Private Cellar||Jason’s Hill Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Jason’s Hill Private Cellar||Jason’s Hill Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Jason’s Hill Private Cellar||Jason’s Hill Cabernet Sauvignon||2018|
|Jason’s Hill Private Cellar||Jason’s Hill Cinsault Unwooded||2021|
|Kindred Spirits||Lean On Me Gin||NA|
|Klein Roosboom||Klein Roosboom Jéan Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Klein Roosboom||Klein Roosboom Marianna Roos Rosé||2022|
|Klein Roosboom||Klein Roosboom Johan Cabernet Sauvignon||2020|
|Klein Welmoed||Klein Welmoed Monogram MCC||2019|
|Klein Welmoed||Klein Welmoed Chardonnay||2020|
|Klein Welmoed||Klein Welmoed Partners White||2021|
|Klein Welmoed||Klein Welmoed Pinot Noir||2020|
|Klein Welmoed||Klein Welmoed Foothills Syrah||2019|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Stellenbosch Gold Chenin blanc||2022|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenhof Koelnektar||2022|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Pinotage Rosé||2022|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Cabernet Sauvignon||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Merlot||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Pinotage||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenhof Pinotage||2021|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Stellenbosch Gold Shiraz||2021|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Nineteenfortyone||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Stellenbosch Gold Dry Red||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||ONE Range Red||2020|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Noble Late Harvest||2019|
|Koelenhof Wynkelder||Koelenbosch Cape Vintage Pinorto||2020|
|Kranskop Wines||Kranskop Chenin blanc||2022|
|Kranskop Wines||Kranskop SV Viognier||2022|
|Kunjani Wines||Kunjani Chenin Blanc||2021|
|Kunjani Wines||Kunjani Sauvignon Blanc||2021|
|Kunjani Wines||Kunjani Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Kunjani Wines||Kunjani Stolen Chicken Rosé||2021|
|Kunjani Wines||Kunjani Cabernet Sauvignon||2019|
|KWV||KWV Classic Collection Chenin Blanc||2022|
|KWV||KWV Classic Collection Chardonnay||2022|
|KWV||KWV Classic Collection Pinotage||2021|
|KWV||KWV Classic Collection Shiraz||2021|
|KWV||KWV Roodeberg Red Blend||2021|
|KWV||KWV Classic Collection Cape Ruby||NV|
|La Couronne Wine Estate||Jacques Mouton Madeleine Chardonnay||2021|
|La Couronne Wine Estate||Jacques Mouton Catherine Cabernet Sauvignon||2021|
|La Ricmal||La Ricmal Supreme – Shiraz||2020|
|La Ricmal||Lerato – Classic Red||NV|
|La Vierge||La Vierge Jezebelle||2021|
|La Vierge||La Vierge The Affair||2021|
|Landskroon Wines||Landskroon Merlot||2020|
|Landskroon Wines||Landskroon Pinotage||2020|
|Le Roux & Fourie Vignerons||Encore MCC Brut||2017|
|Louis57||King Louis Merlot||2019|
|Lutzville Vineyards||Lutzville Vineyards Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Lutzville Vineyards||Lutzville Vineyards Chardonnay||2022|
|Lutzville Vineyards||Lutzville Vineyards Diamond Collection Sauvignon Blanc||2021|
|Lutzville Vineyards||Lutzville Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Lutzville Vineyards||Lutzville Vineyards Pinotage||2020|
|Middelvlei Wines||Middelvlei Shiraz||2020|
|Montagu Winery||Lady Mary Montagu Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Montagu Winery||Montagu Winery Red Muscadel||2021|
|Nicholson Smith||Pandora’s Box The Biscuit Tin Sparkling Brut||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Bob’s Your Uncle A Perfect Storm Sauvignon Blanc||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Bella Vino Sublime White||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Bella Vino Seductively Sweet White||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Pandora’s Box La Dolce Vita Moscato||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Bella Vino Perky Pink Rosé||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Bob’s Your Uncle Once in a blue moon Merlot||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Pandora’s Box The Black Bird Merlot||NV|
|Nicholson Smith||Pandora’s Box The Italian Job Dry Red||NV|
|Ridgeback Wines||Ridgeback Lion Hound Shiraz||2021|
|Ridgeback Wines||Ridgeback Lion Hound Red||2021|
|Roodezandt RF||McGregor Chardonnay||2022|
|Roodezandt RF||McGregor Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Pinotage Rosé||2022|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Merlot||2021|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Pinotage||2021|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Shiraz||2021|
|Rooiberg Winery||Rooiberg Winery Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot||2021|
|Rooiberg Winery||The Game Reserve Pinotage||2021|
|Rosendal Wines||Rosendal Reserve Red Rock||2020|
|Rosendal Wines||Rosendal Reserve Black Spice Shiraz Grenache||2020|
|Running Stream||Running Stream Chardonnay||2021|
|Slanghoek Wynkelder||Slanghoek Legends Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc||2019|
|Slanghoek Wynkelder||Slanghoek Crème de Chenin||2020|
|Slanghoek Wynkelder||Slanghoek Noble Late Harvest||2018|
|Slanghoek Wynkelder||Slanghoek Hanepoot Jerepigo||2022|
|Spijker & Bessie Wyne||Bessie Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Spijker & Bessie Wyne||Spijker Malbec||2021|
|Stellenbosch Family Wines||Stellenbosch Family Wines Chardonnay||2021|
|Stellenbosch Family Wines||Stellenbosch Family Wines Glorious Merlot||2020|
|Stellenbosch Family Wines||Stellenbosch Family Wines Pinot noir||2021|
|Thor Vintners & Co||Gentis Badlands Chenin Blanc||2021|
|Thor Vintners & Co||Gentis Red||2019|
|Thor Vintners & Co||Gentis The Phoenix||2021|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Van Loveren Sauvignon blanc||2022|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Van Loveren Daydream Chardonnay Pinot noir||2022|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Van Loveren Blue Velvet Pinot noir||2021|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Bayede! BRoyal Pinotage||2021|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Rhino Run Organic Ian Player||2020|
|Van Loveren Family Vineyards||Zandvliet My Best Friend Red||NV|
|Vin de Classique||Charmé Sauvignon Blanc||2021|
|Vin de Classique||Charmé Shiraz||2021|
|Vondeling Wines||Vondeling Little Sparkle||NV|
|Vondeling Wines||Vondeling Petit Blanc Chenin Blanc||2022|
|Weltevrede Wine Estate||Cape Wine Crafters Collectibles Chardonnay||2020|
|Weltevrede Wine Estate||Cape Wine Crafters Lemon Zest Chardonnay||2022|
|Weltevrede Wine Estate||Cape Wine Crafters Turkish Delight Rosé||2022|
|Whalehaven Wines||Whalehaven Merlot||2016|
|Wilderer Distillery||Wilderer Grappa Pinotage||NA|
|Wilderer Distillery||Fynbos Gin||NA|
|Wilderer Distillery||Rose Water Gin||NA|
|Wineways||De Villiers Cabernet Sauvignon||2021|
|Wineways||Black Tie Merlot||2021|
|Wineways||De Villiers Merlot||2021|
|Winkelshoek||Cap Vino Chenin Blanc / Sauvignon Blanc||2022|
|Winkelshoek||Cap Vino Cabernet Sauvignon / Shiraz||2021|
|Winkelshoek||Winkelshoek Cape Vintage||2021|
|Entries open:||11 April 2023|
|Early bird cut-off:
The cut-off date for entries:
|3 August 2023
29 August 2023
|Delivery of samples:||4 and 5 September 2023 (Monday and Tuesday)|
|Results released:||12 September 2023|
A wine sample has to comprise only three 750ml bottles and a spirit sample has to comprise only two 750ml bottles, or the volumetric equivalent thereof.
An electronic certificate will be sent by email to the winners. If the exact same product is sold under different brand names, you can request a certificate for each brand at no extra cost.
Results will be emailed to entrants on or before the 12 September 2023 to notify them. The entrants can utilise the stickers and award artwork to maximise exposure on various social media fronts and for their existing client base, but must display them together with the name(s) of the product and vintage if applicable, that earned this accolade. Stickers will focus attention on the award-winning products, leading to higher visibility and a boost in sales.
We will endeavour to have the stickers ready for collection approximately 2 weeks after the results are announced. The stickers have to be paid for prior to collection, unless other arrangements are made with the organisers.
You’re not obligated to order stickers; if you do not want any, indicate the number on the entry form as 0 (zero). Once the results have been revealed, you have to take the number of stickers you indicated. Stickers will be available approximately two weeks after the winners have been notified.
Any remaining samples at the end of the judging process becomes the property of Vitis Vinifera Awards.
The tasting procedure will be audited by a reputable auditing firm to ensure the judges are not influenced and the tasting is done blind and conforms to international standards.
- Spirits have to be 100% grape based to qualify for entry.
- Submission of samples and/or payment of entry fees constitutes acceptance of all the rules.
- Tank samples will not be accepted as entries into the event.
- All wines from outside South Africa do not need a WSR2 or WSR4 certificate. All non-flavoured wines from South Africa must be accompanied by a SAWIS (South African Wine Industry Information & Systems – www.sawis.co.za) application number, and the stickers awarded may only be applied to the wine attached to the application number. If a certain wine has more than one application number, the wines must be entered separately.
- Each non-flavoured wine from South Africa has to have a current WSR2 or WSR4 certificate showing that the wine was approved on the strength of taste and analysis by SAWIS, or a Department of Agriculture Wine-on-Line screen capture printout to show the wine has a current tasting date. This certificate must be current (i.e. the wine must have been tasted and approved by the board no more than one year before the first day of delivery in the case of a white wine and 18 months in the case of a red wine). A sample will not be accepted without this certificate. No refunds will be paid if the WSR2 or WSR4 certificate is not current.
- Each category will be determined by the product information on the label.
- There is no minimum stock quantity needed to enter a product.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per producer. However, each flavoured wine or spirit may only be entered once into the event (even if it is under a different label), and any participant may enter more than one wine, flavoured wine or spirit in a class. Examples are wineries that produce several wines of the same varietal type but with different vineyard designations or vintages.
- A wine that has not been certified as a cultivar wine, although it may be one, may be entered into a blended category.
- A product that received an award in a previous year’s event may be entered again.
- Entries and registration will be accepted from the start of the event until midnight on the last day. Proof of payment must be emailed to email@example.com before midnight on the closing date for entries to be accepted.
- Invoices for entries will be emailed to participants after they entered.
- A wine sample must comprise three 750ml bottles, or the volumetric equivalent thereof and a flavoured wine or spirit sample two 750ml bottles, or the volumetric equivalent thereof.
- The samples must be delivered to the drop-off point in Stellenbosch, South Africa between 9:00 and 16:00 on the two days allocated to be accepted into the event.
- Winners will be notified by email, and stickers will be available for collection about two weeks later. Proof of payment of both the entries and stickers is needed before stickers can be collected. Silver, Gold, Double Gold and Top 5 Producer stickers cost R425 excl VAT per 1000, and come in multiples of 1000 and 2000.
- Quantities of stickers ordered that are not multiples of 1000 will be rounded up and invoiced as such.
- By entering the event, the entrant commits to paying for the number of stickers indicated before the required deadline for the products that receive awards.
- The winners of the Top 5 Producer Award may put this sticker on all wines entered. The producer may only use the Silver, Gold and Double Gold stickers awarded on the particular product that was entered and won the award. Stickers may not be put onto another batch of product similar to the one entered, that did not win an award in this year’s event. Participants must always market their winning products in conjunction with the year of the event the product won the award.
- By entering the event, the entrant agrees that if awarded Top 5 producer, Anchor Oenology may contact the winemaker to learn more about their production methods.
- The event logo or stickers may not be displayed on their own for purposes of marketing, but must be accompanied by the details of the particular product that won, or may be photographed on the product that won the award.
- Any samples remaining at the conclusion of the judging become the property of the event.
- The judging process will be entirely confidential and no details will be released concerning the judging process and reasoning. No feedback of any nature will be given.
- The decision of the judges is final and no changes will be made to awards after the judging process is complete. In the event of a dispute, the event’s management’s decision will be final.
- No refund of entry fees will be made.
- By entering the event, the entrant states that the information provided is factually and legally correct.
- If a participant does not follow all the rules of the event or legal requirements as required by SAWIS for South African wine, the event has the right to disqualify the particular entry concerned or the entire year’s entries, or ban the producer from the event.
- The Awards Show (Pty) Ltd will not make available a list of all the producers that took part in the event, or reveal the scores assigned to any product, or make available the details of products that were not awarded. It remains the prerogative of The Awards Show (Pty) Ltd to publish results of awarded products as they see fit.
- Entries will only be accepted in English.
- Entries must be completed in full, and entries that were not completed in full could be declared void.
- Employees of the event and their immediate family are not allowed to enter the event.
- If an entrant does not comply with the rules of the event, their entries may be cancelled.
- The producer whose product is entered must be fully aware of the submission, and must grant the person entering the event the right to enter the product and order stickers. If this is not found to be the case, the person entering the event will be liable for any financial commitment made.
- In the event that for any reason possible the judging cannot take place, or entrants cannot be given results, half of the entrants’ entry fee will be refunded, and no other damages will be awarded to the event, or any of the companies involved.
- For any claim to be made against The Awards Show (Pty) Ltd for defective stickers, the stickers must be returned to Postnet at Stellenbosch, South Africa within 7 days after the date of delivery to Postnet. The Awards Show (Pty) Ltd will within its discretion either replace or pass a credit for defective stickers so proven, but shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, or any other loss, including loss to third parties and legal expenses, arising out of errors in providing stickers, or by delay in delivery, or by unsuitability of goods for use intended.
- Event management cannot be held liable for any damage incurred to stickers once the stickers have been accepted by the client or by a third party transportation company.
- This event’s management may change the rules of the event without notice, and publish them on the website without giving notice to entrants. If the entrant does not want to comply with the new rules of the event, they can cancel their entries up to the date entries close. After this time, entrants have to comply with the rules of the event.
GENERAL EVENT ENQUIRIES
Sanet van Heerden
084 446 0412
DELIVERIES CONTACT PERSON
082 773 0738
DROP-OFF POINT FOR SAMPLES
Lanzerac Service Entrance
Security will point the drop-off area for samples out to you.